Matt's in town!

/ Thursday, July 21, 2016 /

After several years of being pen-pals with this dude, I finally got to meet Matt! We spent Friday afternoon exploring around Shenandoah National Park and hiked up compton gap, which is always fun. We ran into a small hiking group on the way up who had said they had seen some black bears on the trail, so we were on the lookout! Although it was a hot day, the hike up to the top was well worth the view! We soaked in the views for an hour or so, talked to some folks who were also at the top, and had our snacks. On our way down we were just chatting away and Matt says "Bear!" and there it was! A BEAUTIFUL black bear, just walking around, eating! I quickly picked up Charlie and admired him/her as we kept strolling along! I tried to snap a photo, but, they were blurry because I was holding a wiggly puppy! Okay, guys, this was huge for Matt and I, neither one of us have seen a black bear before. I was really stoked to see the black bear with Matt because I know he loves and appreciates the outdoors just as much as me! After the hike we were quite hungry, so we headed over and got a quick snack at Spelunkers and then headed back to McLean! A bit later, Kevin and I showed Matt to our favorite Chinese food restaurant in Georgetown, and chowed down! After, we had some really yummy icecream! I'm super grateful of this day, here's some of my favorite shots: 

Props to Matt for snapping all of these shots of me and Charlie! This was one of the first big hikes Charlie has taken, so these shots are super special to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About


Katie- 21 years old; Enjoys nature, hiking, running, good food, photography and nice people. I love my life.
 
Copyright © 2010 Just travelin' around, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger