Spring Has Sprung, Up North We Go!

/ Friday, July 17, 2015 /

May 1, 2015: What an amazing day! Woke up, quite exhausted from getting to bed so late, but that’s okay because the sun was shining and I knew I would be relaxing in the mountains with the guy I love. After stopping off for some breakfast we headed toward Mt. Ellen one of the 4000 footers in VT. About an hour up we ran into two dudes who told us there was still a good amount of snow toward the top and considering we didn’t have the right equipment, we turned around. So when all else fails, hike Deers Leap, that’s pretty much my hiking motto! The hike up was just beautiful and still a little bit of snow toward the peak which was really nice. This hike will always hold a special place in my heart as it  was the first mountain I’ve ever hiked and that first experience in itself taught me so much. We watched the sun set for a bit and then we headed back down. This place will never get old, Vermont makes me feel wholesome and I can’t wait to call it my home within the next few years. After we had dinner at Table 24 in Downtown Rutland and by the time we made it back home, it was already 10:30. Time flies! Here's some of my photos that I snapped throughout the day! Enjoy!


May 2, 2015: Today was so awesome! Kevin and I got to meet my friend Jake who I actually met through instagram! We hiked up a local trail called White Rocks which I hiked a few years back and it was just beautiful. When you get toward the top there’s this landing filled with hundreds of rock cairns which makes this trail very unique. It’s so great to meet people that you have a lot in common with, and it was if we had all been friends for years! We spent time at the peak watching the peregrine falcons, which I learned from Jake, are the worlds fastest birds! It’s so crazy to watch the way they dive! Wild! We took a bunch of photos together and enjoyed a snack! We hiked back down and then headed to East, one of my favorite Chinese food restaurants. Jake sent us home with some of his own Maple Syrup that he tapped from the maple trees in his backyard. I’m so excited this day happened even though I’m bummed about having to leave Vermont, we’ll be back in two weeks!  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About


Katie- 21 years old; Enjoys nature, hiking, running, good food, photography and nice people. I love my life.
 
Copyright © 2010 Just travelin' around, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger